About Flying Jogi
Flying Jogi is a family brand that was created by dedicated yoga practitioners. We wanted to design yoga accessories that will last, but also will bring us joy when we look at them. That is why we pay special attention to the quality of materials and their unique designs. We explore natural and recycled materials and experiment with traditional and modern design patterns. A lot of inspiration for our products comes from the birthplace of yoga, India, as this country is also our second home.
MATERIALS WE USE
We are on a mission of exploring natural, sustainable and recycled materials. We are always experimenting with new types of materials, and even though we are not perfect, we do what we can to make sure that our materials are not harmful for the planet, and for the humans
- All our clothing items are made from organic cotton
- When it comes to prints on apparel, our DTG printers use only water-based inks. They're OEKO-TEX® approved (they don't contain any regulated or unregulated chemicals harmful to the environment)
- The manufacturers of our apparel are Fair Wear accredited
- Our yoga mat bags are made from Jute (one of the most eco-friendly materials, you can read more about it below). Some bags have thin cotton lining and lamination
- From April 2018 the packaging used to ship all orders is either 100% recyclable or biodegradable, or both (unfortunately, it doesn't apply to orders shipped through Amazon yet)
Most of our yoga mat bags are made from jute. Jute is a natural vegetable fibre, made of corchorus plants, and it is named one of the most eco-friendly materials in the world. When it comes to unique properties of jute, it is praised for its strength and durability. Unlike bags that are produced from thinner and cheaper materials, jute yoga bags will last forever without loosing its natural appeal. Jute is often used for ropes, rugs and bags. In the fashion world jute is a fairly new material, as it requires a lot of skill and imagination to work with.
WHAT MAKES JUTE AN ECO-FRIENDLY MATERIAL?
The production of jute is extremely eco-friendly. To grow jute farmers need to use excessive amounts of fertilisers and pesticides. Moreover, growing jute requires very little water and it becomes a fully grown plant in 5-7 months. As it grows so fast, it is often used as crop rotation, and plays a big role in soil enrichment. Jute plant is native to Indian sub-continent and has been used in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and China for centuries. All our jute yoga mat bags are produced in India.